Whipped Body Butter
Who doesn't love soft, moisturised, and healthy skin? The butters and oils used in this recipe are the perfect combination that will leave your skin moisturised for days after applying. Customise your whipped body butter with any essential oil of your choice.
½ cup shea butter
½ cup cocoa butter
½ cup coconut oil
½ cup Fractionated Coconut Oil
15 drops Grapefruit oil*
15 drops Wild Orange oil*
- Measure all butters and oils in glass jar.
- Fill a large skillet/saucepan with one to one and a half inches of water. Bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, add the glass jar to the center of the saucepan to melt and combine ingredients.
- Stir every few minutes until the ingredients are melted and combined. (10–15 minutes)
Tip: Use a popsicle stick to stir for easy cleanup.
- Once everything is melted, remove from heat and let sit for 5–10 minutes. Add desired essential oils.
- Once essential oils are added, let it rest in a cool place (such as the refrigerator) until it has set.
Note: Store mixture in a glass jar and keep in a cool place. If needed, re-fluff the body butter by whipping it back up to the desired consistency with a hand mixture.
- Once chilled, take out of refrigerator. With a stand or hand mixer, start on low and slowly turn the speed higher until the lotion becomes light and fluffy (around 3–5 minutes).
*Citrus oils can cause photosensitivity so we don’t recommend using them if you plan on being in direct sunlight after topical application. The personal care products that doTERRA produces such as the doTERRA Salon Essentials®, lotions, etc. are a little different. The shampoo and cleansers are wash off products so there is no concern there, as well as the products that stay on such as the lip balm and lotion are found in a small, appropriate amounts that will not cause any phototoxic harm. Because we work closely with experts in formulations, we are able to provide a safe formulation. Essential oils at full strength on their own are very potent and is why they carry the photosensitivity warning.
More information you'll find here.
If you would like to learn more about the essential oils listed above, click here and we will contact you as soon as possible to answer any questions you may have.